Air Testing & Leakage
Air Pressure Testing is not just for new-builds, it can be used to find leakage areas in existing buildings, improve the air tightness and improve/stop drafts..more
Energy statements outline the most suitable and cost effective solutions to reduce carbon emissions and integrate LZC renewable energy technologies if feasible. They demonstrate the commitment to achieving a sustainable development.
The energy statement addresses energy objectives such as CO2 emission reduction and renewable energy targets. SAP calculations (domestic schemes) and SBEM calculations (commercial) will are the basis of the energy statement.
Energy Statement’s often cover the following information;
- The energy efficiency of the building
- Heating, ventilation and lighting
- Baseline annual predicted energy demand of the development (regulated and unregulated)
- Baseline annual predicted carbon emissions of the development (regulated and unregulated)
- Contribution of each proposed renewable energy technology
- Information on cost of technically feasible LZC/ renewable technologies incl. CHP
- Probability of district or community heating
- A run through of the benefits of various energy technologies
- The total estimated reduction in the development's baseline carbon and/or energy emissions.
Here at E2 Consultants we provide tailored and specialist guidance on energy issues to establish the most suitable and economical solutions wherever you are in the UK. We provide Energy Statements to support planning applications and we’ll fully consider regional planning intricacies in the development of the statements, to help ensure these are as effective as possible.
We will consult with you to understand the approach that your project is seeking to take and advise you as to how best to meet the energy requirements laid out by your local planning authority. The local planning authority may also require the development to achieve a particular Code for Sustainable Homes rating; credits are available within these schemes for utilising LZC technology to provide a percentage reduction in CO2 emissions. The CO2 emission and energy target can vary significantly between the local authorities from 8% to 35%. Some councils have greener policies and that why the targets tend to vary. Our Statements seek to balance environmentally sound proposals with commercial viability. We are also experienced Code for Sustainable Homes Assessors and we can incorporate these standards also into our Energy Statements as required.
E2 provide Energy Statements that focus on the positive aspects of a scheme and demonstrate the commitment of the developer to ensuring the proposals will be sustainable.
Give us a call today to discuss your energy statement on 0800 043 8100.
Energy Statements can also be known as:
Low Zero Carbon Report, LZC Report,
Copyright 2023 E2 Specialist Consultants Limited
Company No. 06728970