The Decibel Scale
Gives an approx of human perception of loudness. This is because the human ear has a logarithmic response to changes in sound level...more
Building acoustics can help to mitigate the effects of noise disturbance which can have negative effects on your health and well-being...more
Wotton under Edge - Fire Risk Assessment - 029 2193 0147
The office that covers this area is: Cardiff
We're qualified in Wotton under Edge to undertake your Fire Risk Assessment ranging from industrial to commercial properties.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, a Fire Risk Assessment is necessary in almost all buildings in Wotton under Edge, other than domestic dwellings. This law applies to you if you're:
- The Landlord of a building.
- Responsible for business premises.
- A charity or voluntary organisation.
- An employer or self-employed with business premises responsible for a part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes.
- A contractor with a degree of control over any premises.
- Providing accommodation for paying guests.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order is the current fire safety legislation that covers most workplaces in Wotton under Edge today. This legislation stipulates that all employers must carry out a full Fire Risk Assessment, thoroughly examining the potential risk and spread of fire in a commercial property.
Why do I need a Fire Risk Assessment?
- To identify the fire hazards.
- To identify people at risk.
- To evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
- To record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
E2 Consultants' Fire Risk Assessors in Wotton under Edge are all highly qualified having attended and passed specialist fire safety courses at the Fire Service College. As such, we can carry out Fire Surveys / Assessments on new or existing properties and produce a full, detailed report that will outline any improvement works that may be required.
We offer the following services through one of our associate companies:
- Fire Risk Assessments - with the Regulatory Reform Order now in place it is imperative that companies have a comprehensive strategy regarding fire safety in the organisation. At E2 Consultants, our fire college trained risk assessors will provide a quality service and advise the best plan of action in all areas of the regulation.
- Servicing of portable fire extinguishers, fire blankets and hose reels to BS5306-3:2003 standards.
- Supply of new equipment that's kite marked to BS EN3 standard and carries a 5 year manufacturer's warranty.
- A full range of fire equipment accessories, such as rotary bells, extinguisher trolleys, stands, boxes, covers, fire blankets and more.
- Installation and supply of fire safety signage to BS5499:Part1:1990 standards that conform to the Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996.
- Staff Fire Training - with a range of courses from 30 minute practical demonstrations, to half day Fire Marshal courses. All training is conducted at our customers' premises to reduce disruption to the working day and every attendee receives a certificate.
Minor penalties can be up to £5,000 where major penalties can have unlimited fines and up to 2 years in prison.
Wotton under Edge fire authorities visit properties to check the fire risk assessment and prevention measures to ensure they're appropriate. Fire safety officers should help you understand the rules and how to comply with them.
If they think your fire safety measures are not adequate they may issue an informal notice suggesting new safety measures or, alternatively, issue a formal fire safety notice that will explain how fix the problems they found.
E2 Consultants in Wotton under Edge have a professional, friendly approach and our surveying team are here to help. We would also be able to do your Commercial EPC and Asbestos Survey at the same time as the assessment.
To ensure you get a cost-effective service, speak to one our consultants now on 029 2193 0147 or send your query to Wotton under Edge@e2consultants.co.uk.
Our other services include:
Environmental Noise, Commercial Air Testing, Asbestos Surveys, BREEAM Credit Reports, Sustainability Statements, Thermal, Part E / BB93, Fire Risk Assessment, Commercial EPCs, Acoustic Testing, Workplace Noise, Display Energy Certificates, DSM / Thermal Modelling, Room Integrity Testing, SBEM Calculations (BER/TER),
Fire Risk Assessment can also be known as:
Copyright 2019 E2 Specialist Consultants Limited
Company No. 06728970