The loss of sound energy when sound waves come into contact with an absorbent material such as ceilings, walls, floors and other objects...more
Decibels (dB) are most commonly used as a measure of sound level, but they are also used in electronics, signals and communications...more
Perthshire - Fire Risk Assessment - 0141 894 0107
The office that covers this area is: Glasgow
E2 Consultants in Perthshire are qualified to undertake your Fire Risk Assessment.
We undertake Fire Risk Assessment Surveying work ranging from industrial to commercial properties.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, a Fire Risk Assessment is necessary in Perthshire in almost all buildings, other than domestic dwellings.
The law applies to you if you are:
- An employer or self-employed with business premises responsible for part of a dwelling where that part is solely used for business purposes.
- A contractor with a degree of control over any premises.
- Responsible for business premises.
- Providing accommodation for paying guests.
- The Landlord of a building.
- A charity or voluntary organisation.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order is the current fire safety legislation that covers most workplaces in Perthshire today. This legislation stipulates that all employers must carry out a full Fire Risk Assessment, thoroughly examining the potential risk and spread of fire in a commercial property.
Why do I need a Fire Risk Assessment?
- To identify the fire hazards.
- To identify people at risk.
- To evaluate, remove or reduce the risks.
- To record your findings, prepare an emergency plan and provide training.
E2 Consultants' Fire Risk Assessors in Perthshire are all highly qualified having attended and passed specialist fire safety courses at the Fire Service College. As such, we can carry out Fire Surveys / Assessments on new or existing properties and produce a full, detailed report that will outline any improvement works that may be required.
We offer the following services through one of our associate companies:
- Fire Risk Assessments - with the Regulatory Reform Order now in place it is imperative that companies have a comprehensive strategy regarding fire safety in the organisation. At E2 Consultants, our fire college trained risk assessors will provide a quality service and advise the best plan of action in all areas of the regulation.
- Servicing of portable fire extinguishers, fire blankets and hose reels to BS5306-3:2003 standards.
- Supply of new equipment that's kite marked to BS EN3 standard and carries a 5 year manufacturer's warranty.
- A full range of fire equipment accessories, such as rotary bells, extinguisher trolleys, stands, boxes, covers, fire blankets and more.
- Installation and supply of fire safety signage to BS5499:Part1:1990 standards that conform to the Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996.
- Staff Fire Training - with a range of courses from 30 minute practical demonstrations, to half day Fire Marshal courses. All training is conducted at our customers' premises to reduce disruption to the working day and every attendee receives a certificate.
Perthshire fire authorities visit properties to check the fire risk assessment and prevention measures to ensure they're appropriate. Fire safety officers should help you understand the rules and how to comply with them. If they think your fire safety measures are not adequate they may issue an informal notice suggesting new safety measures or, alternatively, issue a formal fire safety notice that will explain how fix the problems they found.
Minor penalties can be up to £5,000 where major penalties can have unlimited fines and up to 2 years in prison.
E2 Consultants in Perthshire have a professional, friendly approach and our surveying team are here to help. We would also be able to do your Commercial EPC and Asbestos Survey at the same time as the assessment. To ensure you get a cost-effective service, speak to one our consultants now on 0141 894 0107 or send your query to Perthshire@e2consultants.co.uk.
Our other services include:
Thermal, Fire Risk Assessment, Part E / BB93, Acoustic Testing, Workplace Noise, Commercial EPCs, Commercial Air Testing, DSM / Thermal Modelling, BREEAM Credit Reports, SBEM Calculations (BER/TER), Room Integrity Testing, Asbestos Surveys, Sustainability Statements, Environmental Noise, Display Energy Certificates,
Fire Risk Assessment can also be known as:
Copyright 2019 E2 Specialist Consultants Limited
Company No. 06728970